Wednesday 2 November 2011

Melbourne Cup 2011

Hey guys!

So yesterday was the Melbourne Cup, it's a public holiday which was great, although everyone was pretty rough from the Halloween party on Monday! I didn't actually go to the races because it's so expensive (plus I'd have had to buy a new dress, shoes, hat - it's THAT much of a big deal!) but Glyn and I did place a few bets in the bookies and watched the race on the TV. And would you believe it, we won! Glyn had the winner and I had the winner and 2nd place with an each way bet on both of them and I won $92! Couldn't believe it! So when we went to collect our winnings and saw the last race of the day was about to start I couldn't resist putting a cheeky amount on that too - and I won again! Literally this never happens to me! I won small amounts at our leaving do but in total yesterday I won $134!! Very happy. We celebrated by having a rare meal out as normally we can't afford it haha!

I wore my new Love dress teamed with tights and boots as it was a bit chilly yesterday. Didn't get any photos but I'm sure I'll wear it again soon!

I think today I might treat myself with the rest of my winnings, perhaps venture into the city in search of the Naked palette I posted about the other day.

Did anyone else win at the races yesterday?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment