Sunday 4 December 2011

Things I miss about the UK

So I thought I would just pop a little post up about things I'm missing from the UK! Mostly friends and family, especially with Christmas coming up, it feels really weird to not be around everyone I know at this time of year. Plus it's summer! There's many things wrong with that, mainly that it's so nice to get wrapped up and head into town late night shopping, or to see the Christmas lights, or generally just get wrapped up to go anywhere in December. The thickest item of clothing I'm wearing at the moment is leggings, and that's just to set up the store because it's all dusty!

As for the more superficial things in life, I really miss H&M and Primark. Sounds stupid, I know, but when you can't find a plain and simple t-shirt for less than $25 over here, you do miss the wonders of Primarni. As for make-up, my foundation in England cost me £10 and Iused to hate the time when I had to 'blow' £10 just for a foundation. I promise I will never complain about that again seeing as the same type over here is just over $30.

This post must sound like I'm having a terrible time, I'm really not though! I think I do complain a lot about the cost of things, which will hopefully change once I get my first paycheck! Just got to be careful not to blow it all in one go...

Do any of you miss things from your home town/city/country if you've moved away?!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment